Secondary Class Teacher - April 2019
Sherbourne Fields School
Telephone: 02476 591501
Secondary Class Teacher TMS 1 – UPS 3 plus 1 SEN point
Start date: September 2019
Sherbourne Fields is an Outstanding all aged Special School catering for pupils with a broad spectrum of special educational needs. In September 2019 the school is increasing in number and therefore we are looking to recruit a Class Teacher to join our team of dedicated professionals.
Applications are welcome from teachers with experience in primary, secondary, mainstream and special schools as well as NQT’s.
(Ofsted - Outstanding 2011/12, 2013/14, and 2018/19)
‘The curriculum is exceptionally well constructed. Pupils have a plethora of opportunities of all sorts, including extra-curricular sports, enterprise, animal keeping, creative arts and work-related learning’. Ofsted 2018/19
This is an excellent opportunity for you to become part of an ‘Outstanding’ School where you will receive ongoing professional development opportunities and support within a unique environment.
We are looking for a creative, inspirational, enthusiastic and imaginative class teacher, who can teach a broad range of students with special needs across our school.
We are looking for someone who is excited about trying different teaching methods: someone who is able to think outside the box in order to reach and bring out the very best of our students. A person who can excite and empower our students and bring the classroom environment to life. The successful candidate will be energetic and passionate about their chosen career.
The ideal Candidate will:
- Have a passion and enthusiasm to create a positive learning environment
- Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring children and young people
- Be committed to our ethos of ‘raising aspiration, access and achievement for all’
- Be able to bring the classroom to life and instil curiosity and a desire to learn
- Be energetic and passionate about their chosen career
Here at Sherbourne Fields we offer:
- A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all
- An environment full of passionate, friendly, dedicated and highly trained staff - committed to doing their best for our children and young people every single day
- A commitment to training and staff development with a plethora of opportunities for career development
Sherbourne Fields is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Full enhanced DBS check will be carried out for this post.
Please download an application pack from the school website – www.sherbournefields.co.uk
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 26th April 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Interview dates: Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd May