Science Teacher - April 2019
Sherbourne Fields School
Telephone: 02476 591501
Science Teacher TMS 1 – UPS 3 plus 1 SEN point
Start date: September 2019
Sherbourne Fields is an outstanding all aged Special School catering for pupils with a broad spectrum of special educational needs. Due to the retirement of our current science teacher we are looking to recruit a dynamic teacher to join our team of dedicated professionals.
Applications are welcome from teachers with experience in primary, secondary, mainstream and special schools as well as NQT’s.
(Ofsted - Outstanding 2011/12, 2013/14, and 2018/19)
‘The curriculum is exceptionally well constructed. Pupils have a plethora of opportunities of all sorts, including extra-curricular sports, enterprise, animal keeping, creative arts and work-related learning’. Ofsted 2018/19
This is an excellent opportunity for you to become part of an ‘Outstanding’ School where you will receive ongoing professional development opportunities and support within a unique environment.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and imaginative Science teacher, who can teach a broad range of students with special needs across our school. Whatever your stage of career, you will be an inspirational practitioner able to make a significant contribution to raising expectations and standards through dynamic teaching and learning across both Primary and Secondary.
The ideal Candidate will:
- Have a natural passion and enthusiasm for Science in its widest sense
- Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring children and young people
- Be committed to our ethos of ‘raising aspiration, access and achievement for all’
- Be able to bring the classroom to life and instil curiosity and a desire to learn
- Be energetic and passionate about their chosen career
Here at Sherbourne Fields we offer:
- A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all
- An environment full of passionate, friendly, dedicated and highly trained staff - committed to doing their best for our children and young people every single day
- A commitment to training and staff development with a plethora of opportunities for career development
- Supportive governors and parents
If you recognise these qualities in yourself and feel ready to embrace a new and exciting challenge then please apply today!
Sherbourne Fields is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full enhanced DBS check will be carried out for this post.
Please download an application pack from the school website – www.sherbournefields.co.uk
Please email completed applications to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 26th April 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Interview dates: Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd May