Family Liaison and Transition Advisor
I am the Family Liaison and Transitions Advisor at Sherbourne Fields School. You can contact me on 02476 591 501 option 4 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
My main role is to support the well-being of children and their parents/carers, working closely with other professionals to support families in the best way. I can meet with you in school, or arrange a home visit if this is more suitable. I also arrange coffee mornings - sometimes as informal gatherings, or with speakers of interest to parents/carers. Information on the next coffee morning will be posted on our Community News page of the website, and on our Social Media pages. Here are some examples of how we can support your child / family:
- Supporting families through the CAF (Common Assessment Framework) process. If you feel you are not getting the support you require this is a way of working with young people and their families to bring together all agencies and professionals that can offer support to your family in the best way.
- Applying for direct payments to enable short breaks respite for your child - this is for young people who have a CAF and meet the criteria for this provision.
- Liaising with other professionals on your behalf for e.g. social workers, health professionals, school staff.
- Supporting with application forms – for e.g. family fund, DLA, Free bus passes.
- Making referrals for assessments by other agencies for e.g. Community Learning Disability Team Behavioural support, Occupational Therapy support, Adult Social Care assessments.
- Support with accessing training from other agencies for e.g. Positive Parenting, Cygnet Autism Awareness Course.
- Offering advice and guidance on post school provision and attending your child’s annual review from year 11 onwards.
- Arranging transition visits for your child to post school providers as required – this includes visits to local colleges and training providers.
- If you feel you need support, please don’t hesitate to give me a call, see me in school, or send me an email.